The Controller is a proven leader who will serve as a trusted financial resource to the Firm and its owners. The Controller will apply their accounting expertise and drive for continuous improvement to their leadership of the financial, tax and cash management reporting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for accounting systems and processes with proper internal controls to safeguard the Company’s assets and accurately reflect the financial position and performance of the Company in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee the daily operations of the accounting activities including the preparation of daily, monthly, annual, and other periodic financial statements and reports for all affiliated entities. Ensure internal and external document submissions and filings are accurate and timely.
- Ensure accurate and timely maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, fixed assets, and related ledgers.
- Responsible for analyzing necessary GAAP changes and implementing related accounting procedures.
- Maintain control over banking activities, including deposits, money movements, and reconciliations. Perform timely investigation in to unexpected or questionable transactions.
- Maintain appropriate cash levels to address current cash needs and prepare cash projection to recommend future cash movements.
- Coordinate tax reporting requirements and ensure timely payment to taxing authorities. Work with external accountants to file federal, state, payroll, and tax returns. Ensure accounting records are maintained to support accurate tax reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of various tax and regulatory filings including, but not limited to, 1099s, FBAR filings, sales and use tax returns.
- Supervise and mentor accounting personnel, with a focus on employee education, career development and team collaboration.
- Develop relationships with Company personnel ensuring all are well informed of applicable accounting policies.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key business partners.
- Oversee or assist with financial and regulatory audits, as necessary.
- 5+ years of experience in financial/accounting leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with CPA
- Public Accounting Experience highly desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, and macros)
- General ledger accounting and financial reporting system experience and knowledge
- Experience within a hedge fund or financial services organization preferred
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Can-do attitude, defaulting to “yes, we will find a solution”
- A self-motivated and results-driven personality
- Excellent written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with limited direction and handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience dedicated to mentoring and team building
- Experience managing a process with an eye for continuous improvement
- Willingness to help where needed and a desire to take on increasing levels of responsibility
- The desire to be a part of an exceptional team in a forward-thinking environment